Policies & Endorsements
In its ongoing efforts to support the sale of safe and responsible products, UNPA has enacted the following trade policies as conditions of membership for prospective and all current UNPA members.
“As we have done before with our other no-sale policies, we’re committed to moving quickly to define the boundaries of responsible practices within the industry,” said Loren Israelsen, UNPA president. “UNPA will continue to do so as circumstances warrant.”
- Effective September 19, 2019, no UNPA member will engage in the sale of synthetic (chemical or synthetic biology) cannabinoids or other constituents of the hemp plant.
- Effective May 22, 2018, no UNPA member will engage in the sale of liquid, high-dose caffeine products for retail sales.
- Effective April 9, 2015, no UNPA member will engage in the sale of β-methylphenethylamine (BMPEA).
- Effective Feb. 24, 2015, no UNPA member will engage in the sale of bulk-powdered caffeine for retail sales.
- Effective May 1, 2014, UNPA members will not engage in the sale, distribution or marketing of any products that contain kratom (Mitragyna speciosa) for human use or consumption.
- Effective May 1, 2013, no UNPA member will engage in the sale of 1,3-dimethylamylamine, methylhexanamine or geranium extract, commonly known as DMAA or any chemically related substance.
- Effective May 1, 2005, UNPA members will not engage in the sale, distribution or marketing of any products containing ephedra or ma huang (Ephedra sinica) at any dose.
UNPA is very selective with official endorsements. After extensive review and having solicited feedback from our member organizations, UNPA endorses the following programs and initiatives: